The ARRL Volunteers on the Air contest for 2023 is in full swing and it is the Colorado Section’s second go round of putting W1AW/Ø on the air. The Colorado Section will be operational between September 12th at 6:00 pm MDT and September 19th at 5:59 pm MDT. The Colorado Section W1AW/Ø Operations Committee is looking for qualified operators to run the pileups that are usually generated by using the W1AW/Ø call sign during this operational period. In order to become an approved operator, you must agree to the following rules:
- A VOTA operator applicant must be an ARRL member and submit their ARRL membership number to the Committee.
- A VOTA operator applicant must agree that they will NOT use W1AW/Ø VOTA operation in conjunction with any other program. Use of W1AW/Ø with POTA, SOTA, or IOTA is prohibited unless there is a compelling reason to operate portable. If so, portable operation will need to be approved by the Committee.
- A VOTA operator applicant must use an approved electronic logging program capable of creating an ADIF file.
- A VOTA operator applicant must supply the Committee with a valid phone contact.
- A VOTA operator applicant must agree to use the Committee’s Discord Server to coordinate and support real-time communications and changes in activity with the Committee and other operators.
If you meet the criteria above and wish to operate please download the complete rules and operating criteria HERE To apply to become one of the W1AW/Ø operators, email your request to ARRL Colorado Today!